Friday, December 21, 2007

Library for the long haul

This morning as I walked into the library on the last day of finals week I saw people sleeping on two different floors as I made my way to my office. That wouldn't be so unusual but for the fact that one woman had a blanket draped over her and the guy had a full-sized bed pillow under his head. This is the first library where I have worked where we stayed open 24 hours during finals week and the week days leading up to it so I assumed they had been there all night. It felt kind of good to know our students feel comfortable enough to make FULL use of all we have to offer. Then I read the article from yesterday's Chronicle..., Who Needs a Dorm During Finals? Everything a Student Needs is in the Library. It looks like our experience isn't that different from anyone else.


No comments: